Hi guys! I'm Kate, and I blog over at Stripes and Polka Dots. Berries are my favorite fruit. I think part of it is that they remind me of summertime. My mom makes amazing pound cake, and last time she added blueberries. It was to die for! This pound cake is delicious year round, but blueberry pound cake is the perfect dessert to make as summer approaches.
The original recipe comes from an old issue of Southern Living. See how well loved it is? You've gotta try it!
Cream Cheese Blueberry Pound Cake
1.5 cups butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 300 degrees.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating until yellow disappears. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Dredge blueberries with 1/2 cup of flour (from the original 3 cups) and set aside.
- Combine remaining flour and salt and gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Gently stir in berries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Fill a 2-cup, ovenproof measuring cup with water and place in oven with tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Thanks so much for stopping by Kate!!! Cannot wait to try this recipe. It looks phenomenal!